Historical - Scroll
Scroll - November 2016
Paul's Place - Friday, November 4 & 11, 2016, 6:30 am
Bob Casey, President, opened the meeting for announcements. We don’t have a program per se, but we do need to coordinate Field of Honor issues – set-up and take down.
Field of Honor – The Field was set last weekend and we have all but ~35 flags sold or re-flown of the 1,000 on the Field.
- Wayne indicated that we had approximately 1,.200 8th graders visit the Field during week. Wayne thanked those individuals who assisted: Ross, Dewayne, Bob H., Nancy, Mike C., and Eric.
- Being Veterans Day we need help on the Field to assist individuals who wish to fly their flag at the parade.
- Saturday we will need volunteers to strike the Field. Our goal is to start at 10:30 and have the Field cleared by 4:00 pm.
- Closing Ceremonies will take place at 4:00 pm today!
- “M” Street Veterans Boulevard signs have already started being placed on “M” Street.
- Gina indicated that PayPal sales for new flags and re-fly are about $14K. This does not include sponsor donations.
- Bruce made several points. The Mission is still in business despite newspaper articles to the contrary. The major changes is that meals are being served at a different location. They will be serving 1,000 turkey dinners at Thanksgiving. He also wanted to thank the club for the opportunity for the men at the Mission to volunteer to set-up and take down the Field of Honor. It is an opportunity for the men to give back to the community by serving others.
Veterans Day - Bob thanked all the veterans and first responders within our organization for their service.
Foundation Dinner - 100th Anniversary, San Joaquin County Country Club, 5 November. Donations toward the Foundation from our club totaled over $7K. We are on our way to meeting our Foundation giving goal for the year. We need to be reminded that Foundation funds come back the club, so it is important that we donate so we may continue to do good things within our community – like Clothes for Kids!
Clothes for Kids – December 3rd at 7:30 am, location Target. Rich passed around an envelope seeking contribution or pledges for this event. We have funds but wish to expand our efforts to reach even more young people in need.
Wine Workday – Alan indicated that those wishing to rack some wine can do so on 20 November from 9:00 am until the job is done.
Board Meeting – Tuesday, 15 November, 5:30 pm at Rich Miller’s home.